World Hearing Day 2021
As a part of celebration of World Hearing Day , 2021, the department of TCPD had conducted 7 Live Phone in programs in different topics. The program addressed different issues regarding hearing impairment and the experts and resource persons were easily approachable to the public via phone calls. The programs were streamed live in the official Facebook page of the institute. The different topics of discussion in the phone in programs were:
World Autism Awareness Month, 2021
- “Care for ears” on 08.01.2021
- “Middle ear infections and consequences” held on 22.01.2021
- “Lifestyle and hearing loss” held on 05.02.2021
- “Poor school performance in children: identification and management” held on 19.02.2021
- “Success story of Spandana, a child with hearing impairment.” held on 26.02.2021
- “All about the importance of world hearing day” held on 03.03.2021
- “Rehabilitation of persons with hearing impairment” held on 19.03.2021.
As a part of the celebration of World Autism Awareness Month, the department of TCPD as well as ASD unit conducted several activities such as Live Phone in Programs, tele-orientations, development of public awareness videos and posters for LED display, “Light it up blue” program in the administrative block of AIISH, etc. with the motive of creating awareness about ASD to the general public.
There were 2 Live Phone in programs conducted by the department targeting the general public where the experts were easily approachable by them through phone calls and those programs were streamed live in the official Facebook page of AIISH.
Tele-orientation to Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers:
- “Importance of World Autism Awareness Day” held on 01.04.2021
- “Journey of a mother and a child with autism spectrum disorder” held on 23.04.2021
Tele-orientation was organized to create awareness in Kendriya vidyalaya teachers on communication disorders in school children. There were 22 Kendriya vidyalaya teachers from across the country who benefitted from the program. A few glimpses...
Introduction to Communication Disorders (Speech-Language and Hearing Disorders)
Tele-orientation was organized for e-vidyaloka volunteer group. There were 77 participants who benefitted from the program. A few glimpses...
Dr. Jayashree C Shanbal
Associate Professor in Language Pathology and Head - TCPD
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
Mysore - 570 006
09:00 am to 5:30 pm IST
Monday to Friday (except on central Govt. Holidays)