Alumni of AIISH
AIISH Alumni Association (AAA)
The former Director of the All India Institute of Speech & Hearing (AIISH), Dr. Vijayalakshmi Basavaraj, and the team of staff members working at AIISH (Dr. M. Pushpavathi as Convenor) conducted the first AIISH Alumni meet on 25th January 2010. This meeting was attended by 144 alumni representing the first batch of 1966 till the recent batches of 2009. They came from all over India, USA, Australia, and UK. In addition, a few alumni joined online; seven from USA, one each from UK and India. Dr. C.K.N. Raja, Director, NIE Governing Council, and Sri. Krishna Vattam, a senior journalist, served as the Chief Guest during the inaugural function. They reminisced about the changes they had observed in the institute over the years and about the former directors and staff. In her presidential speech, the Director of AIISH briefed about the objectives of the first Alumni meet and informed about the need for an AIISH Alumni Association (AAA). She also told about the draft copy of the Bye-laws and Rules & Regulations of the Association, which had been prepared. She also suggested installing an ad-hoc committee to register the AAA. The constitution of the committee of office bearers that was suggested was as follows:
- President - the Director of AIISH (if an alumni of AIISH) / the senior most faculty who is an alumnus of AIISH, if the Director is not an alumni of AIISH.
- Secretary - an alumnus working at AIISH
- External Secretary - an alumnus not working at AIISH
- Treasurer - an alumnus working at AIISH
- Members - 1 alumnus working at AIISH and 4 alumni not working at AIISH
The above suggestions of Dr. Vijayalakshmi Basavaraj were unanimously approved. Hence, the Director nominated Dr. Asha Yathiraj to serve as the founder Internal Secretary and Dr. M. Pushpavathi as the founder Treasurer. The remaining members volunteered to serve on the committee.
Aim of AAA: To promote and foster relationship between the alumni, present students, staff and management of AIISH by exchanging their expertise and knowledge, which help the AlmaMater in achieving excellent quality in technical education, research and improving the quality of service being rendered.
Current Office bearers
The list of the office bearers of AAA after Dr. M. Pushpavathi took over as the Director of All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru from November 2022 to October 2024 is as follows.
- Dr. M. Pushpavathi, President
- Dr. N. Swapna, Honorary Executive Secretary
- Ms. Vimala Jayakrishna Kasthuri, Honorary Secretary
- Dr. R.Gopi Sankar, Honorary Treasurer
- Dr. Sunil Kumar Ravi, EC Member (not working at AIISH)
- Dr. Gopikishore P., EC Member (not working at AIISH)
- Mr. Jitendra Kumar Saini, EC Member (not working at AIISH)
- Ms. Dhivya D, EC Member
Activities conducted by AAA between November 2021 to October 2022
Guest lectures to share the academic knowledge and research expertise of the alumni with the students of AIISH
Ms. Rupa Rao, Audiologist, Hear USA, Ohio, USA delivered a guest lecture on the topic ‘Verification and validation measures in hearing aid fittings’ on 17th June 2022.
Ms. Rupa Rao, Speech-language Pathologist, USA delivered a guest lecture on the topic ‘Fundamentals to Research trends: My journey of continuous learning’ on 21st July 2022.